Who We Are
Richard Taylor is the senior partner of Taylor, McCord, Praver & Cherry. He has been practicing law in Ventura since he was admitted to the Bar in 1968.
Richard was one of the first family law attorneys in the county to be awarded the premier AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He has been named among the Top Attorneys in Southern California by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Richard Taylor has exhibited involvement and leadership in the profession and the local community. He has taught Family Law at Ventura College of Law and has acted on numerous occasions as Judge Pro Tempore in the Ventura Family Law Courts. Richard is a founding member of Collaborative Family Lawyers and the Ventura County Family Bar Association, of which he is Past President. He has also been active in the Ventura Jaycees, the Ventura Chamber of Commerce, and the Buenaventurans. He sits on the Board of Directors of the Ventura Community College Foundation and is currently serving as President, helping to raise money for scholarships and capital improvements at Ventura College.
- California State Courts (1967)
- In re Marriage of Fingert (1990), 221 Cal. App. 3rd 1575
- In re Marriage of Harrington (1992), 6 Cal. App. 4th, 1847
- In re Marriage of Griffin (1993), 15 Cal. App. 4th 685
Email : email@example.com
Robert McCord is a co-founder of the firm who provided civil litigation and criminal defense representation in Ventura County for decades. In 2005, his successful defense of R.P. Cummings, Inc. against manslaughter charges was the topic of the TV show Extreme Evidence in an episode entitled, "Trucker's Nightmare."
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law (1970)
- B.A., University of California at Santa Barbara (1963)
- California State Courts (1970)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
David Praver's practice is primarily family law. He is a founding member of Collaborative Family Lawyers, former President of the Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association, co-founder of the Ventura County Ethics and Professional Responsibility Committee, and former Chair of the State Bar of Governor's Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct. David has served as a Judge Pro Tempore for the Ventura County Superior Court since 1982, has sat on the court's Judicial Arbitration and Attorney-Fee Grievance committee since 1987, and is a Court appointed Discovery Referee.
Super Lawyers Magazine has named David as one of the Top Attorneys in Southern California each year from 2010-2018. He has also received Martindale-Hubbell's highest AV rating, indicating preeminent legal ability and the highest ethical standards.
- California State Courts (1978)
- United States District Court, Central District of California (1978)
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1978)
- United States Supreme Court (1978)
- State Bar of California (Member, Governor's Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct 1987-1991; Chairman 1990-1991; Family Law Section 2005 - present)
- Ventura County Bar Association (Member, Board of Directors 2002-2004)
- Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Directors 1986; President 1988-1989)
- Attorney/Client Grievance Committee (1982 - present)
- Ventura Ethics and Professional Responsibility Committee (Co-Founder and Chair 1997)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (2000)
- In Re Marriage of Biderman (1992), 5 Cal.App.4th 409
- White v. Jacobs (1988), 198 Cal.App.3d 122
- Halperin v. Raville (1986), 176 Cal.App.3d 765
Email : email@example.com
Patrick Cherry has been with the firm since he was admitted to the Bar in 1992. A former Lieutenant Commander in the United States Navy and past member of the American Society for Public Administration, Patrick heads the firm's practice in appellate law, civil litigation, and law and motion practice. He is also the research and writing arm behind the firm's trial attorneys, advising them on novel and esoteric issues frequently encountered in the firm's family law practice. Patrick also speaks French and served on active duty with the French Navy.
- California State Courts (1992)
- United States District Court, Central District of California (1992)
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1993)
- State Bar of California (Member, Committee on Appellate Courts, 2000-2003)
- Ventura County Bar Association
- Laughner v. Byrne (1993), 18 Cal.App.4th 904
- Soto v. State of California (1997), 56 Cal.App.4th 196
- In re Marriage of Chakko (2004), 115 Cal.App.4th 104
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org